This privacy statement explains how I, The Stoic Agilist, collect, use, and share your personal data in accordance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Who am I?
- What Personal Data I Collect
The Stoic Agilist is the nom de plume for Gregory Engel (DBA HKD Systems, LLC) based in Golden, Colorado, USA. I am committed to protecting your privacy and personal data.
I may collect and process the following personal data from you:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Professional title
- Link to your LinkedIn profile
- Other information you provide to us that may relate to the services I offer
I use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide and deliver products or services that you have requested
- To communicate with you regarding our products and services
- To comply with our legal obligations
- To improve our products and services
- To send you marketing communications that may be of interest to you, if you have given us your consent to do so
I will only process your personal data when we have a legal basis to do so. The legal bases for processing your personal data are:
- Your consent
- Performance of a contract with you
- Compliance with a legal obligation
- Legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party
I may share your personal data with the following parties:
- Service providers who help us provide our products and services to you, such as payment processors, shipping providers, and marketing platforms
- Our professional advisors, such as lawyers, accountants, and auditors
- Government authorities and law enforcement officials, to comply with legal obligations or to protect our rights and property
I may transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to third-party service providers who are located in countries that do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in the EEA. In such cases, we will take appropriate safeguards to ensure that your personal data is protected in accordance with GDPR requirements.
I will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
All personal data is encrypted at rest.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Right to access: You have the right to request access to your personal data.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to request that we correct any inaccuracies in your personal data.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to request that we delete your personal data.
- Right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and to transmit that data to another controller.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we are processing your personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact me. I may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
If you have a complaint about our processing of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of an alleged infringement.